Sunday, February 24, 2013

I was a Conservative in the RINO Cult !



There's a picture of me that I can't get out of my head. Several years ago I threw it in the trash in an embarrassed rage. Not unlike what Germans must have done with their pictures of them in Nazi and/or German uniforms, when they lost the war, and more people found out of their atrocities toward their fellow man.
In the picture I was holding up a poster, in front of the White House, for the reelection of the Dick Nixon. And though it was forty-ish years ago that Dad 'shot' it of me with the Kodak, it still gives me the chills when I think about what I was actually doing. But it is a unique nudge of a reminder, and a wink, for me of just how far I have escaped from the 'RINO cult' I was born into.
Not long after 'Watergate' opened up some doors, and caused me to knock on some other doors, I began to look and listen more closely to the people around me and who they were saying is so good and right for our country. But Watergate was the gateway for me. It sparked the flame that lit the joint of discontentment. And I still have that wonderful patriotic buzz today of questioning authority.
I haven't 'bought' anything from the 'dick-tators' since then. All of them have turned out quite different when they won the seat in the Oval Office. It seems like dear Dick took honesty with him when he left office, because the others have certainly followed suit and became an 'empty suit' as it were. In fact I don't even look at the name of 'their' party anymore, it's so misleading. I look directly at their honesty. But don't think I wouldn't vote for a Democrat if I felt he was honest. I would have voted for JFK if I was old enough at the time. He was probably our last honest president. God knows he, and most-likely his brother as well, was assassinated for being just too damn honest and forthright to the American people. (et tu Lyndon)
My second gateway that kept me safe and away from the RINO cult was when Charles Krauthammer called Ron Paul a 'kook' on Fox News. I haven't watched it since. And, soon after, when Ron Paul 'washed his hands' of the republican party, I took as a sign, and did the same, with great alacrity, and never looked back, and never felt better about myself.
Oh sure, I get reminders all the time that keep me at a distance from the RINO Cult. Like when Romney's son told the world: Romney didn't want to be President. And reminders that keep me a distance from the DEMS Cult: The 'first lady' can lie! .... as well as in the videos that follow below here. Not only do the Democrats and Republican smell and act the same, from fighting each other for so long, our Country is hurting because of it. Ya know, there was a time we didn't need Libertarians, because Republicans were.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
ANTONIN SCALIA: STATE OF THE UNION IS A ‘CHILDISH SPECTACLE’: While his colleagues got ready to go to the Capitol, Justice Antonin Scalia sat on a stage across town and held forth about why, for the 16th consecutive year, he would not be joining them for the State of the Union. He doesn't go when a Democrat is president. He stays away when the president is Republican. “It has turned into a childish spectacle. I don’t want to be there to lend dignity to it,” Scalia said, with a certain amount of mischief.

~ ~ ~ ~

A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington , D.C. Nothing was moving. Suddenly a man knocked on the window.

The driver rolled down the window and asked, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped the entire U.S. Congress, and they're asking for a $100 million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they're going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire. We're going from car to car, collecting donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on an average?"

The man replied, "Roughly a gallon."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment