Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Romney/Ryan dumb-anus quotes


A woman was playing golf when she took a big swing and fell.

The party waiting behind her was a Republican campaign group that included candidates for President and Vice President Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

Both candidates quickly stepped forward and helped her to her feet.

She thanked them and started to leave, when Romney said,
“I'm Mitt Romney Republican candidate for President, and my running mate for Vice President Paul Ryan, I hope you'll vote for us this November.”

She laughed and quickly said, “I fell on my ass, not my head!”

''Join me in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan.''

—Mitt Romney, flubbing the introduction of his running mate, Norfolk, Va., Aug. 11, 2012


''Well, this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already. But he had them.''

—Mitt Romney, confused about the mass shooting in a Colorado movie theater, in which the gunman legally obtained all of his weapons and tactical gear, NBC News interview, July 25, 2012

"I'm very proud of my pro-life record, and I've always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life." –Paul Ryan, referring to rape as a "method of conception" when asked if it should it be legal for a woman to be able to get an abortion if she's raped, interview with WJHL, Roanoake, Va., Aug. 23, 2012 

"We haven't run the numbers on that specific plan." –Paul Ryan, asked by Fox News Channel's Brit Hume when the Romney plan would balance the budget, Aug. 15, 2012

"I voted to send people to war." –Paul Ryan, making the case for why his votes in favor of the Iraq War gives his foreign policy credential sthat are stronger than President Obama's, Fox News interview, Aug. 

"That is something that we think we should do in the light of day, through Congress." –Paul Ryan, offering to provide specific information about the Romney campaign's tax proposals -- but just not until after the election, Fox News interview, Aug. 15, 2012


''It's hard to know just how well [the 2012 London Olympics] will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting. The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging.''

—Mitt Romney, dissing Britain on the eve of the Olympics by suggesting the country is not ready, NBC News interview, July 25, 2012


(now, isn't this special) .... [T]he reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand." –Paul Ryan in a 2005 speech to a group of Rand devotees called the Atlas Society, which is dedicated to promoting Rand's beliefs.

''I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them. No, no. They came from the local 7/11 bakery, or whatever.''

—Mitt Romney, visiting a local bakery while campaigning in Pittsburgh, PA, April 17, 2012 (The owner of the baker later told MSNBC he was offended by Romney's remarks.)...............duh!


"I reject her [Ayn Rand's] philosophy. It's an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my worldview. If somebody is going to try to paste a person's view on epistemology to me, then give me Thomas Aquinas. Don't give me Ayn Rand." –Paul Ryan, National Review interview, April 2012


''I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks.''

—Mitt Romney, making fun of fans wearing plastic ponchos during a visit to the site of the Daytona 500 Nascar race in Florida, Feb. 26, 2012



Mitt Romney in 2012: ''I don't manage the money that I have. In order to make sure that I didn't have a conflict of interest while I was governor or while I was considering a run for national office, I had a blind trust established.''


Mitt Romney in 1994: ''The blind trust is an age-old ruse, if you will, which is to say, you can always tell the blind trust what it can and cannot do. You give a blind trust rules.''


Romney, speaking in May of 2012 about the U.S. auto industry's comeback: ''I pushed the idea of a managed bankruptcy. And finally, when that was done, and help was given, the companies got back on their feet. So I'll take a lot of credit for the fact that this industry's come back.''

Romney, writing in a 2008 New York Times op-ed titled ''Let Detroit Go Bankrupt'': ''If General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye.''

Ryan told KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs that while he personally doesn't believe in medical marijuana laws, he would side with states' rights on the issue. "It's up to Coloradans to decide," Ryan said, adding that the issue is not "a high priority" for the ticket.

Reformers are too wizened to think that a Romney/Ryan administration would actually respect patients' rights, especially after the comments Romney has made about the topic, and considering Ryan's voting record in Congress.

"Where have we heard this before? (Hint: George W Bush on the campaign trail in 2000)," said Dale Gieringer of California NORML. "Still, it's nice to see that Republicans are picking up on this issue," he added.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment